I created this page because this site is a work-in-progress. I have been trying to leave e-bay since December 2016, which is 32 months as of the time I write. I had worked for several months on developing a site on a different platform - one that was not nearly as good as this one is. This website is the result of a completely new attempt to develop an information rich, resource packed site for all stamp collectors. Due to the amount of time that was wasted in developing the old website, I did not want to wait for every single aspect of this site to be perfect before bringing it live. So, it is a work in progress, and this page was created to keep you up to date with the changes that have been implemented.
Significant progress has been made since my last update in May:
- I have re-instated the original home page and unpublished the simplified one, as it did not appeal to visitors to the site. However, I have reorganized the menu navigation, so that the home page only has 9 main headings. All the other menus have been placed under these 9 headings, and the page titles have been shortened.
- The dedicated landing pages that I created in March are still operating, but they will need to be updated to conform to my new menu layout. I have not yet updated these, but will do so either this month or next month.
- I have split up the stamp galleries into topical groups and country groups and each of these is now separately accessible from the "Buy Stamps" link in the main menu. Unfortunately, I am still trying to find out how to better display the galleries on the pages, but they are easily accessible now. Note also, that you can still view all the categories, together, in alphabetical order, by clicking on the "Explore Stamp Galleries" link on the main page.
- I have added posts to the community discussion forum, but am still waiting for contributions from members. If you have had an urge to share a piece of your stamp knowledge, I would strongly encourage you to logon and post, as once we get some meaningful discussions going and sharing, the group will become a lot of fun.
- The site remains English only for now. I am still investigating alternative language translation apps and expect to make a decision in July or August 2019.
- I have made the decision to begin attending stamp shows, and consequently I have included a show schedule in the main navigation menu.
I have streamlined the product tags and reduced their number in order to make the collection pages load faster. However, because the inventory is very large, it will take longer for the pages to load, than for some other websites which have less. Visitors should also be aware that this site is optimized for mobile, so that the load speeds there are much faster than on desktop. However, the site does use browser caching, so pages will always load much faster with the second and subsequent visits. I have included a section on the "Navigation Tips" page discussing the speed issue and how to find the items you are looking for most efficiently.
I have now connected Facebook messenger, so that you can contact me instantly on messenger and have connected the other social media channels as well.
I have continued to notice that there have been many searches for non-Canadian material, as I expected, and unfortunately due to time constraints, I do not yet have this portion of my inventory listed. I hope to be able list a significant amount of material over the coming months, as I am now ready to begin listing items in earnest within the next 2 weeks. But, it is important to remember that I cannot have all my inventory listed at any given time. So, if you are looking for something specific, and you do not see it here, I would always suggest sending me either a message over Facebook Messenger, or by e-mail. I will check my stock and get back to you within 24-48 hours.
My financing application with BDC has hit several snags, which may require me to pursue other avenues. Unfortunately this may mean having to resume my search for employees once the dust settles. I remain hopeful that if BDC does not ultimately come through, that I will be able to identify other sources of financing. I have not, as yet been able to resume publishing the blog posts, as I have still been dealing with a backlog of want lists, as well as getting ready and attending the 2019 Royal Show. However, I do anticipate that my publishing schedule will return to normal this month, as I clear out the last of my backlog.